The kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s where we gather, where we spend hours of our daily cooking and baking, and also where many important conversations take place. It’s a space that should be welcoming for all members of your family. And what better way to create an ambiance that feels like home than with color? There are plenty of ways to use color in your kitchen without going overboard. Here are 11 easy ways you can add some color to your kitchen today!
11 Easy Ways to Add Color to Your Kitchen
Brighten Things Up With The Right Rug
Put some color underfoot
The right rug can transform any space in your home, making it look stylish and inviting. The best thing about rugs is that you don’t have to break the bank or paint an entire room to add a little bit of color. You just need to find the perfect rug for your space. Here are some ideas for finding a rug that will suit your space.
- Rugs can be an excellent way to tie everything together and create a cheery atmosphere.
- Relocate an area rug from another room and put it in your kitchen.
- Create your own look by using carpet tiles.
PAINT AN ACCENT WALL
Completely change the room by painting one wall
An accent wall on the outside of the kitchen will make it stand out and feel more like an extension of your home. Choose from a variety of cheerful paint colors that will suit the style and personality of your kitchen.
- Don’t limit yourself to painting a wall inside of the kitchen.
- You can create a pattern on your wall using different colors.
- Choose from any number of traditional and contemporary designs.
- GET WILD WITH COLOR WHEN DECORATING YOUR KITCHEN
Don’t be afraid to let loose with color in your kitchen decorating! Your artwork should reflect who you are as an individual, so don’t feel that you can’t express yourself by using all of the colors of the rainbow in your space. Brighten up your walls with colorful art prints.
Choose a Bold Backsplash
Use a backsplash as a statement
A backsplash is an excellent way to liven up your kitchen without having to paint the whole room. One of the best things about backsplashes is that you can find ones that suit any style and budget.
- Great solution if you don’t have much wall space for artwork.
- Backsplashes can make your kitchen feel like home.
- They will welcome both family and guests into the space, making it seem more inviting and at home.
- It will help create a cheery atmosphere that is welcoming to all.
- You can even add tiles in a color that coordinates with your accent wall or window treatments.
Add an Eye-Catching Window Treatment
Change the look of your entire kitchen with new window treatments
A window treatment is a beautiful way to add color and style to your kitchen. They come in many different styles, so you can take your pick from contemporary, modern, or classic curtains. And when you are ready for a change, you can always swap out your curtains for something new!
- Drapes, curtains, shades, and blinds all give you room for creativity when it comes to adding some color to your kitchen.
- If you are looking for a more modern look, consider curtains or shades.
- If you want something more traditional, think about using drapes or sheers on your windows.
- For a more whimsical feel, curtains with ruffled tiers will add an element of fun and elegance.
- Whatever your style is, there is something for everyone!
Select Colorful Cookware
Vibrantly colored cookware and accessories
You don’t have to stop at just adding color to your walls and art prints. There are many different ways you can add color to your kitchen without going overboard. One way is by adding colorful cookware.
- If you’re not convinced that using colorful cookware will liven up your kitchen, just think about how much time you’ll be spending in it.
- When you use brightly colored pots and pans, they won’t blend in with the background of your kitchen like they would if they were black or stainless steel.
- Colorful cookware looks great on open shelving.
- You can add a variety of pots and pans, for all of your cooking needs.
- This will make your kitchen look more stylish and complete.
Modernize your seating
Change your seating
Replace your old chairs or stools with a more modern and colorful set. It will give your kitchen the fresh new look that it needs.
- If you’re feeling more daring, try adding a set of brightly colored barstools to spice up your dining room.
- This fresh change will help you feel like you have just completely redecorated!
- If you are on a budget, make or buy seat covers.
- Buy new seat cushions.
- There are many affordable ways to modernize the seating in your kitchen.
Add a Pop of Color to Your Kitchen with a Bowl and Lids
Choose large items to add style to countertops
Add a little touch of brightness to your kitchen with brightly colored bowls and jars.
- A way to add some life to your kitchen is by using differently sized vintage bowls and jars.
- Use a small bowl as a fruit display, or a larger jar as a candy dish.
- It’s all about adding a variety of types of dishes.
- Decorate the bowls and jars with something colorful, like flowers or fruits!
- Find items that are the same color as your walls.
- This is a great way to add style if you are on a budget.
Make the Linens Pop
Linens can be a great way to add color
Buying new linens is an affordable way to add style to your kitchen without having to break the bank. When it comes to colors, you are not limited to neutral and boring shades.
- Linens can be used for tabletop decorating
- If you are looking for a way to decorate your kitchen to give it a cool vibe, try using light blue or green colored linen tablecloths.
- Linens come in a variety of shades as well as some neutral colors.
- A yellow or ivory-colored linen tablecloth will bring warmth and elegance into your kitchen.
- They are also easy to change out if you want a new look.
- Linens are fun to change for every season too!
Brighten Up Countertops
Brighten up your countertop with a splash of color by adding tiles, glassware, or flowers
One way to brighten up your countertops is by adding a tiered tray, glassware, or flowers. If you want to add a lot of color all at once, try making your own arrangement with many different kinds of brightly colored flowers. You could layer the flowers in a bright blue ceramic bowl, or put them in a tall clear vase. It will perk up any room!
- Use painted terracotta pots as bowls for fruit.
- Cover bowls with colorful fabric. This is an inexpensive way to add color and style.
- Refreshing your countertops is a good way to make the kitchen feel new again.
- A countertop adds style and design to a kitchen.
- A modern or retro look can liven up the space and make it feel like new.
Change Light Fixtures
Light fixtures do not have to blend into your kitchen decor
One way to add color to your kitchen is by changing light fixtures. This can be done in many different ways. One of the easiest ways is to spray paint your old fixtures a bright color such as blue or green! You could also paint them with glitter paint, and you will get an elegant and sparkly fixture.
- Another way is to use small colored bulbs so that they create a rainbow of colors when lit up. These are available at most hardware stores or online, and they will give your kitchen some vibrant energy that it needs.
- Define a new eating space with a plug-in chandelier.
- Choose a fun shape.
- Make sure your new light fixture is a fun color so it pops.
- If sophisticated is what you are looking for go for a beautiful chandelier.
Change Out Hardware
Make your kitchen feel brand new by changing out hardware on cabinets and drawers
One of the easiest ways to update your kitchen is by changing out the hardware. It’s a quick and easy way to spruce up the look of your kitchen without spending a lot of money. You are not limited to the colors that are in stock at your local store, you can find vintage hardware on eBay and Etsy. This will allow you to get exactly what you want for your kitchen!
- Hardware is particularly a good item to change out because it can be done very inexpensively and easily.
- If you do decide to make a change, make sure it is an improvement over what you have.
- Hardware is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to make a dramatic change to your kitchen.
- Replace doorknobs and drawer pulls with hardware that matches your new decor.
If your kitchen is looking a little drab and you want to add some color, the tips in this article are perfect for you. You can use rugs, paint an accent wall, or window treatments to change up how it looks without having to make major renovations.